Effective: November 30, 2018
Last Updated: February 24, 2021
With respect to this document, the term “Personal Information” is used to indicate any piece of information or data that can be used to identify or contact you. Personal Information may relate to you as a user, or it may relate to an individual that is the subject of any Profile that you create on their behalf, if you create a Profile for another individual, including through Groove Health’s progress sharing feature.
Registration is not required to use Groove Health, however registering with an email and password allows you to log in to your Groove Health account on multiple devices and recover your Groove Health data if your device is lost or your application is deleted. Registering also allows you to receive certain exclusive offers, updates, or benefits via email, if applicable. If you download Groove Health in connection with a program offered by an employer, insurer, pharmacy benefit manager, or healthcare professional (collectively, “Benefit or Healthcare Provider”), you may be required to register with such Benefit or Healthcare Provider and provide Personal Information during such registration. We are not responsible for the use of any Personal Information that you may decide to provide to any Benefit or Healthcare Provider in connection with the use of Groove Health or the program overall.
Using Groove Health Without Registration
You may choose to download and use Groove Health services without registering an account. If you use Groove Health without registering, your device will be assigned a unique identifier (“UID”). This UID serves as the link between your device and the information entered into the Groove Health app, which allows us to perform services relevant to the Groove Health app, including sending of medication reminders and other content. In the event that your Groove Health mobile app is deleted, the data associated with the previous UID will no longer be accessible. If you reinstall the Groove Health mobile app, your device will be affiliated with a new UID, and your previous data will not be shown in the mobile app. If you are an unregistered user who has disabled push notifications, you acknowledge and agree we may not be able to reach you and send you any messages until after your return to Groove Health.
What Information do we Collect?
Registration and Profile Information: Your email address, name, gender, birthday, phone number, zipcode
Voluntary Information: If you communicate with us voluntarily, we collect all information that you provide to us. This includes all communications submitted to our mobile app in free text fields, including the Maxwell feature. This also includes communications related to technical support and “contact us.”
Technical Information: We automatically collect technical information when you use Groove Health, including IP address, approximate device location and device time zone.
Personal Health Information: Certain features in Groove Health allow you to input Personal Health Information including your medications, dosage, medication schedules, and when you took your medications.
How do we use the Information we Collect?
We use the information collected, which includes Personal Information, in the following ways:
Facilitating Our Services: to provide our services, including drug information, reminders, images, and interaction alerts;
General Communications: to respond to your questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
Marketing: to send you marketing materials regarding our services, or the services of our partners, and to provide tailored content or features including advertisements;
Updates and Alerts: to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
Other: for any other purpose that is communicated to you when we collect the information.
We may receive remuneration from third parties for communicating with you about their products or services, or for providing you with promotional items from them.
What Information do we Share with Third Parties?
We do not sell your Personal Information. We will not share the Personal Information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- we may share your information, including Personal Information, with service providers who have a contractual relationship with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services;
- if you download Groove Health in connection with a program offered by a Benefit or Healthcare Provider, enter an activation code provided to you by the Benefit or Healthcare Provider or otherwise authenticate to a Benefit or Healthcare Provider in the app, we may provide Personal Information about you to the Benefit or Healthcare Provider, including data related to your use of, and interaction with, Groove Health;
- we may share your information with our research partners, including research institutions, healthcare systems and healthcare providers, that they may associate with other information that they have about you, for research purposes and for improvement of our services;
- we may share aggregated information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- we may use various methods or technologies to store or collect your usage information, including your visits to or interactions with our Services (“Tracking Technologies”). We may use these Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to uses deemed to be necessary or useful to assess the performance of our Services (including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve our Services) or uses required to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing our Services (including identifying you when you sign in to the Services or for keeping track of your specified preferences);
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- and in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We may receive remuneration from third parties for sharing your Personal Information with them in the circumstances described above.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Is my Personal Information Protected with HIPAA?
The Personal Information that you enter into our system is not protected by HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996). HIPAA protects health information held by or on behalf of your health care provider or health plan. However, if you register with an activation code provided to you by your Benefit or Healthcare provider or otherwise access your Benefit or Healthcare provider account from within our services, we may receive information about you from your Benefit or Healthcare Provider, such as your medication list. If your Benefit or Healthcare Provider is covered by HIPAA, the information it provides us will generally be protected, and we will use and disclose it only as permitted by our agreement with your Benefit or Healthcare Provider, or as required by law, or as authorized by you.
Modifying your Information
You can access and modify your Personal Information through Groove Health’s services. You can also request to delete your Personal Information by contacting us and requesting that your account Personal Information be deleted. We will take steps to delete your Personal Information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived copies for our records and as otherwise required by law. If you registered with an activation code provided to you by your Benefit or Healthcare Provider or otherwise access your Benefit or Healthcare provider account from within Groove Health, we may have shared your Personal Information with your Benefit or Healthcare Provider. We are unable to delete information in the files of your Benefit or Healthcare Provider.
Please note that if you decide to have your Personal Information deleted, we may retain any data related to your Groove Health history in aggregate form, and use and share such aggregate data for our business purposes. Please also note that if you delete our app from your mobile device, we may retain the Personal Information and content in your account, in case you want to reactivate your account at some point in the future.
Links to Other Websites or Apps
Our Services are only available to users who are at least 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under 18, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Questions? Contact us
318 W Adams Suite 800 B
Chicago, IL 60603